10) There are several products available to use in your bath or even your shower to help with the symptoms of the flu. Abra Bath for colds and the flu is a product you add to bath water. It is said to help relieve congestion, reduce body aches, and help relieve the chills associated with the flu. The makers of Sudafed offer a product called Sudacare Shower Soothers. They are tablets that react with warm shower water to create vapors of eucalyptus, menthol, and camphor to help with congestion.
11) Nasal sprays to help relieve flu symptoms are available over the counter. One product is called Flu Relief. Nasal sprays aren’t as popular as most other remedies though because many people dislike using nasal sprays.
12) Fever, headaches, and aching muscles are common symptoms of the flu. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen, both available over the counter can help lessen the pain.
13) A persistent cough may be present when a person has the flu. There are many over the counter cough medicines, such as Robitussin (which has specific formulas of its products for helping with flu symptoms), to help quiet a cough associated with the flu.
14) Congestion is another symptom that a person may get with the flu. An oral decongestant can help loosen the congestion. Again there are many over the counter products available to fight flu symptoms such as congestion. Vick’s vapor rub can also help ease congestion.
15) A sore throat can be another bothersome symptom of the flu. Throat lozenges or sprays can help with the pain. I gargle with warm salt water every hour when my throat is sore. It’s a remedy my Mom used when I was little. It worked for me then and it still works for me now.
16) Rest is a very important part of fighting the flu. Your body needs rest to help it fight the infection in your body. So give in to that urge to cuddle up under the covers and rest. You’re likely to feel better faster if you do.
17) Drink as many fluids are you can when you have the flu. Avoid drinks with caffeine because caffeinated drinks act as mild diuretics. Water is the best liquid but can be hard for someone who feels sick to drink enough of. Other good choices of liquid are clear juices, Gatorade (or any of the other sports drinks available) as well as flavored water and Pedialyte. When I was a child and had the flu my Mom always gave me 7-up to drink. I could drink it without feeling sick to my stomach and it tasted good so I was able to drink enough of it to keep myself from getting dehydrated.
Always remember that the flu (depending on what strain you have contracted) can be a life-threatening illness if not treated properly. Don’t be afraid to contact your doctor if your symptoms don’t start to get better in a few days or if they are very severe.
Another thing to remember when you have the flu (or are sick with anything else) is to only treat the symptoms you have. There are lots of over-the-counter products available to treat flu symptoms. Many of those products relieve multiple symptoms. But sometimes you don’t have all the symptoms that particular medication treats. Look for products that treat the symptoms you have, but nothing more. You don’t want to over-medicate yourself.
Disclaimer: this article is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat illness and disease; nor is it intended as dispensation of medical advice.
Diabetes is a chronic disease with no cure but the good news is that proper care and treatment a person can live a log and healthy life. Nearly 2,000 people are diagnosed with diabetes everyday.
It is estimated that there are 17 million people with diabetes in the U.S and another 16 million have pre-diabetes or higher blood-sugar levels that are higher than normal but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes.
Buying diabetes supplies online can save time and money. In this article you will find the most used supplies and tools to achieve a good diabetes control and aid in everyday self-care.
For those who have been diagnosed with a diabetic condition, diabetes supplies are a fact of life. In order to maintain good health, diabetics must rely on various tools to help them monitor their conditions. Still, diabetes patients need to exercise caution when buying diabetes supplies.
The company that you buy your diabetes supplies from should have a phone number in case you need to contact the business because of a problem with the order. In fact, it’s best if the company has a toll-free hotline number that you can reach 24 hours a day. It is much better to register a complaint by phone than by e-mail.
Also, the company should have a pharmacist available to answer your questions. Having a pharmacist on staff indicates that the company is legitimate and is determined to provide excellent service to its customers. When ordering diabetes supplies, you’ll want to pay close attention to shipping charges so that you don’t experience sticker shock when you receive your final bill.
Typically, a diabetic pays a substantial sum each month for diabetes supplies, including pills, insulin, syringes, alcohol pads, lancets, ointments, salves, and special foods. Because competition for business is so great, the prices of items such as testing strips and glucose monitors are often competitive.
This competition can help to keep the diabetes patient’s expenses in check. However, there is no question that a diabetic must devote a portion of his or her income or insurance costs to diabetes supplies. In order to control glucose, blood sugar levels must be monitored closely—at least once a day.
Insulin Cases: Environmental factors such as excessive heat and freezing will have major affect on type of insulin. So, there is a need to keep insulin safe by using special cases while traveling and going out.
Blood Glucose Monitors: It is used to examine blood glucose level. Blood glucose levels below 120 mg/dL before meals, and below 180 mg/dL after meals, is the goal to stay healthy and prevent or delay the development of diabetes complications.
Blood Pressure Monitors: It helps to check blood pressure level of a person. High blood pressure affects 20-60% of people with diabetes and results in causing eye disease, kidney disease and heart disease.
Diabetes Software: This software can be used in your computer to help you to share the information with your Health Care Team to make the best choices in your treatment. Diabetes software includes OneTouch diabetes management software, OneTouch diabetes management software kit.
Glucose Tablets: Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar levels can occur very quickly and is a sharp complication of diabetes, especially if you use insulin. People with diabetes must always carry glucose tablets.
Glucose Gels: Glucose gel is absorbed more rapidly than tablets. In case of severe hypoglycemia 15 g of glucose in the form of glucose gel must be administered immediately orally.
Experts recommend that you deal only with those Internet companies that offer a return address rather than a post office box. If you want to make sure that you are buying diabetes supplies from reputable businesses that have their own offices, rather than an individual who is simply buying diabetes supplies from an Internet auction site and re-selling them to new customers.